Ok, the Sizmograph is close to Beeman, not Plum, and it is actually in the CAARA ham shack, but I did help install it today. The data is at http://earthquake.usgs.gov/monitoring/netquakes/station/MAGLO_NE_01/
Plum has been acting weird all day and just popped back to life a little while ago. It has been giving intermittent signals yesterday, and today it wasn’t putting out anything until an hour ago. The intermittent-nees could be because they are putting up a new water tower next to the school, but for it to go out all day is odd, unless they were running some heavy equipment, it did turn back on at 5ish. West Parish has also has hiccups. Maybe they will both even out soon.
I forgot to put up a ‘everything’s done!’ post. Well, all the stations are back up and working very well. West Parish has not shut down, Plum Cove has registered all the rain that just fell over the past few days, and East Gloucester is showing accurate humidity.
I also installed the computer for the Windspire, at the moment it is sitting there collecting data from Windsync and putting it in a daily csv file. I also installed cygwin and MySQL workbench so soon I will be able to write a script or something to import those files into MySQL and do something cool with them. It might be easier then I thought with the daily csv’s, since if I don’t want live data I can simply convert the file at the end of the day and leave it at that instead of trying to update on the fly with data coming in.
Just to record this: In the Plum Cove station I replaced the rain gauge reed switch, and the capacitor. Also, on all three stations I shortened the anemometer cable since it is about a foot above the rain gauge and not 23 like Davis recommends. I did this by using some 6 pin phone jacks and crimping them on the shorter cable. Even though there are only 4 pins, the 6 pin jack fits in the ISS better, just use the middle 4 pins only. Now I need to call Davis and see if they can help me hunt down the silly humidity sensor for the former East Gloucester station.
Yesterday with the help of John we took down West Parish, East Gloucester, and Plum Cove stations. West Parish is for power problems, East Gloucester for humidity, and Plum for a broken rain gauge. Pictures and info to follow!
After over two weeks of being down, I finally got over here to plug the server back in. There great part about the Davis is the archive memory so I didn’t lose all that much data, just from 7/4 to 7/8, since it appears it only stored from 7/9 to now. I cam over on 7/5 to check it out since there had been a power outage that also took out Vets. Turns out the voltage to most of the school, but not all, was only 70 volts. A fuse had tripped on the pole outside, giving the school only one phase. Why we got 70 and not just half the school being off I have no idea. Anyway, the computer ran OK on 70 volts, but the big POE network switch it was connected to did not. I also unplugged the computer as a precaution so I wouldn’t have to come back to change a power supply or whatnot. Today was the first chance I got to plug it back in (in a different room since the one it was in was being waxed).
For the record here is my recovery procedure:
The logs shown through webmin (/var/log/wview.log) said wview wasn’t starting becuase of pid files. So I ran:
And started it up (I really should put that on a cron job when the computer starts up, it would solve some problems)
Next I ran wunderfixer to upload the data that I had but was not put on Wunderground:
/opt/wunderfixer-0.5.0/wunderfixer.py -f /var/lib/wview/archive/wview-archive.sdb -s KMAGLOUC13 -p (my password!) -d 2012-07-15 (and change the date and run it for everyday between 7/9 and today, including run it dateless for today’s data)